Friday, June 7, 2013

Pinball reviews, and a whole lot more...

My friend Vasil (or 'Basil' if you're "Engrisch") used to write and maintain the "Mac Pinball History" over at the "Tower Of PIn". Well, times have changed, and that website got "harvested" and now is a stub for 'cheap travel packages'  cheap male 'performance' potions and pills, etc.
 So Vasili went it alobnne and started up a Pinball blog of his own, where the latest iteration of his tome can be well perused.....
 He also has reviews of the new crop of pinballs for both OSX, and also iOS devices such as iPhone and iPad.. . The tablet form has given a real much needed boost to pinball development..
I will get back to what the conection is between his new blog and mine, a little further on.. However, I do not have any iDevices.. mostly because iWallet has no iCash, because iBroke ;-)
 Even so, I did splurge for a few $3 OSX games from the App store , and one I got was Farsight's "Pinball Arcade"  .. unfortunately, I have only got the first four tables as I have Snow Leopard, and he "In app purchase" option for more tables only works on OSX 10.7 and up..
 These are nioce tables.. as the following screenshot shows:
                               Ripley's Believe It or Not...
                                Tales Of The Arabian Nights

I did find it annoying that on a desktop pinball there was no option to use the keyboard for launching the ball - It has to be done with the mouse! Also, the flippers can only be activated with the arrow keys...
  I remembered that the Visual Pinball ones were , well, a lot like these tables, but better.. so .. stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment